Re: lo function changed in PostgreSQL 8.1.1

From: "Premsun Choltanwanich" <Premsun(at)nsasia(dot)co(dot)th>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: lo function changed in PostgreSQL 8.1.1
Date: 2005-12-14 03:56:01
Lists: pgsql-sql

Dear Tom,

I'm not sure that I understand your word correctly. But I will explain more information

I just need to keep my member's picture into database for showing and may have update sometime. I code my program with VB6. I found some suggestion to manage lo about lo_in and lo_out that why.

What thing I need to do for continue using lo on PostgreSQL 8.1.1

Ragards,

Premsun

"Premsun Choltanwanich" <Premsun(at)nsasia(dot)co(dot)th> writes:
> lo (Large Object) function that normally shown in function list now =
> disappear. I'm sure that I already check on Large Object box when I =
> install. I found some information on http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/int=
> eractive/lo-interfaces.html#AEN26978 about lo function. PostgreSQL has =
> many new lo function that I never use in version 8.0.4 and some function I =
> have use is not found (lo_in , lo_out).

lo_in/lo_out aren't needed anymore because lo isn't a separate type,
just a domain over OID. Why were you using them directly, anyway?