Help me do a LOOP

From: Calin Meze <mezecalin(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Help me do a LOOP
Date: 2005-12-14 08:21:30
Lists: pgsql-sql

I need to test each record of a cursor for some requirements, something like this

DECLARE xpvnr varchar(50);
xdata date;
xcod int;
xagentd varchar(3);
xid bigint;
xserie varchar(4);
xnr varchar(7);
xsocasig varchar(3);
DECLARE myCursor CURSOR FOR
select cod,pvnr,data,agentd,id,serie,nr,socasig
from pvmst, pvdtl
where pvmst.cod=pvdtl.cod
order by data;
BEGIN
delete from stoccalc_temp;
OPEN myCursor;
FETCH NEXT FROM myCursor INTO xcod,xpvnr,xdata,xagentd,xid,xserie,xnr, xsocasig;
WHILE (still in the cursor)
BEGIN
DECLARE
xxcod varchar(21);
xxcod2 varchar(21);
xxagent varchar(3);
xxid bigint;
DECLARE my2cursor CURSOR FOR
select cod,agent,id from stoccalc_temp
where nr=xnr and serie=xserie and socasig=xsocasig;
OPEN my2cursor;
FETCH NEXT FROM my2cursor INTO xxcod,xxagent,xxid;
xxcod2:=TRIM('2005'+TRIM(xsocasig)+TRIM(xxagent)+TRIM(xserie)+TRIM(xnr));
IF xxcod <> '' THEN -- inseamna ca este in stoccalc_temp polita
update stoccalc set cod=xxcod2, agent=xxagent, stare='0' where id=xid;
END IF;
CLOSE my2cursor;
FETCH NEXT FROM myCursor INTO xcod,xpvnr,xdata,xagentd,xid,xserie,xnr,xsocasig;
END;
CLOSE myCursor;
END;

-- the problem is that I do not know how to make the while loop execute until the last record "WHILE (still in the cursor)"... So I need something like

for i:=1 to lastrecord_of_cursor do
begin
end;

Can anyone help me with this? It really seems silly... but I cannot get to solve this, I do not know where to look for syntax like this or tutorials like this.
Help

Yahoo! Shopping