Re: List of prominent users

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Andy Astor <andya(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: List of prominent users
Date: 2005-12-05 02:57:39
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

People:

> My 2 cents... It is common practice to list customers on web sites. It's
> also common for companies to ask to be removed. I suggest we just put up
> the list, and take people off if they ask.

Given that the reason for the list is to create postive PR for us, we
only want to list companies who will say good things about us if
contacted. As such, only companies who are explicitly OK with being
listed should be.

If we use this web page to "out" postgresql users, then what those users
say to reporters is unlikely to be complimentary of us or of PostgreSQL.
In some cases, it may even be a cause for the companies involved for
switching away from our database (don't use PostgreSQL, Jack, they'll
smear your name all over the internet!)

So I feel very strongly that we should only list companies who OK it.
We can start with the companies who have been quoted and have case
studies. I can then contact a bunch of other users I know might be OK
with it.

--Josh