Re: List of prominent users

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Subject: Re: List of prominent users
Date: 2005-12-04 17:17:05
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

> Certainly if it has been printed in an article that they use postgresql it
> would be hard to justify not putting them on the site. Which reminds me of
> one reason I was thinking to make this database driven, so that we could
> store the source of the information some place, without having to publish it
> on the site, where people may not care. (For example, the source might be
> that someone here worked for a company or something). I guess that kind of
> information is important isn't it?

I would say that yes that is important. Here is my worry... I have a
customer named Cisco. I quite
literally can not tell you what they are using us of for. I can say they
are a customer. That is all. Thus I
have to be careful about how information about Cisco is put out there.
Otherwise, it may become
suspect that as a member of the community let it slip :(

Joshua D. Drake