Re: PL/php in pg_pltemplate

From: Matteo Beccati <php(at)beccati(dot)com>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net, jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com, tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PL/php in pg_pltemplate
Date: 2005-11-26 10:12:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

> The only sore point of the PL/php build is that it needs the Apache2
> module, so it needs to know the path to it. I haven't found a way to do
> this automatically without requiring APXS which I certainly don't want
> to do ...

Maybe I didn't get the point, but this could be as simple as writing a
new PHP sapi (i.e. sapi/pgsql) which builds the .so without requiring
Apache or other software.

I've also seen there is an experimental embed sapi which could already
be what you need (--enable-embed).

Best regards
--
Matteo Beccati