[Pljava-dev] Solaris and -Xusealtsigs [Was: Re: Need help on Pljava]

From: thomas at tada(dot)se (Thomas Hallgren)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Solaris and -Xusealtsigs [Was: Re: Need help on Pljava]
Date: 2005-11-23 12:44:27
Lists: pljava-dev

Hi Param,
I'm posting this on the pljava-dev mailing list also. PL/Java is an open
source community and questions are best answered in the open forum. It
benefits other people that might have similar problems, and since it
widens the audience, it also benefits you.

I haven't seen this error before. Then again, I don't have access to a
Solaris system. The option mentioned (-Xusealtsigs) is not present on a
standard Java on Linux or Windows. What Java version are you using?

You can try and add this option in the postgresql.conf file.

pljava.vmoptions = '-Xusealtsigs'

but I'm not at all sure that it will help. Another thing you could try
is to comment out line 632 in the file src/C/pljava/Backend.c and
recompile. A third option is to try and add the following line:

pgsignal(SIGINT, SIG_DFL);

before line 617 in the same file. I'm very keen to know what it was that
made the difference if you somehow succeed.

This is the best I can do right now since I don't have access to Solaris
system. Perhaps someone else on this forum has shed some more light on this?

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren