ResultSet.getObject returning PGobject

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ResultSet.getObject returning PGobject
Date: 2005-11-18 22:36:25
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

PostgreSQL Native Driver
PostgreSQL 8.1 JDBC3 with SSL (build 404)
against 8.1.0

I don't have a reproducible test case, and the messages from the
software are not providing a lot of data, but out of a run with millions
of invocations of ResultSet.getObject, five of those returned an object
of class org.postgresql.util.PGobject. As far as I can see, this would
have to be a bug in the JDBC driver. I'm still trying to chase it down,
but I thought I should post here to give everyone a heads up, and
possibly get some suggestions.

-Kevin