Comments from a Firebird user via Borland Newsgroups.

From: Tony Caduto <tony_caduto(at)amsoftwaredesign(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Comments from a Firebird user via Borland Newsgroups.
Date: 2005-11-10 01:35:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

<We found PostgreSQL a mature product, but in two things Firebird was
simply better than PostgreSQL: Two-Phase commit (ok, that is gone with
PG 8.1), but the second is a SNAPSHOT / REPEATABLE READ transaction
isolation. I can't live without that when it comes having a stable view
of data during one transaction, or did that change with 8.1? Is there
now a SNAPHOST / REPEATBLE READ transaction isolation level available as
well?>

Just wondering what the PG take on this snapshot repeatable read stuff is.

Tony