Re: Install issue on Windows and directory

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <gevik(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
Subject: Re: Install issue on Windows and directory
Date: 2005-11-09 23:28:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Are you talking about "make install", "initdb", or somethingi else?

In any event, is it really something you want to give "Everyone"
the right to directly modify?

-Kevin

>>> "Gevik babakhani" <gevik(at)xs4all(dot)nl> >>>

Here I found an installation issue:

- I was installing pg 8.1 on a Windows 2000 box.

- I chose a different folder than default (D:\PGSERVER did not exist
yet)

- When installing, the setup complained about not being able to write
into
the directory

- I check the directory permissions and saw that the "Everyone" group
does
not have "Modify" permissions

- After setting the "Modify" permission, the setup continued and
finished
okay.