ODBC link to other databases

From: "Edward Di Geronimo Jr(dot)" <edigeronimo(at)xtracards(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ODBC link to other databases
Date: 2005-11-02 21:49:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello all,

To help with my work, I've created a basic plugin that allows Postgres
to retreive data from tables on other databases via ODBC. So far I've
only tested it against MS SQL Server 2000. It's rather crude at the
moment, as the only operation supported is a SELECT * query, and it
currently requires the username/password to be hard coded into the
source code.

I was wondering if other people are interested in this enough for me to
bother with the trouble of polishing this off.

I also have no idea what would be a sane security model for this.

I'd appreciate people letting me know if there is interest in this...

Ed