Re: A portable code question

From: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: <minshall(at)intellicon(dot)biz>
Cc: <nolan(at)celery(dot)tssi(dot)com>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: A portable code question
Date: 2003-06-26 15:18:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Or if you want this behaviour all the time, one call of
setvbuf(mypipe,(char *)0,_IONBF,0);
should do the trick (much easier than remebering to have to call fflush()
all the time).

If not using streams, and just calling write(), then you probably don't have
to worry.

andrew

BTW, "system('sleep 1');" probably won't compile, and 'system("sleep 1");'
is bad news. Try "man 3 sleep" for more info.