Query Progress Estimator

From: Anuj Tripathi <anujt(at)it(dot)iitb(dot)ac(dot)in>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Query Progress Estimator
Date: 2005-10-22 20:34:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi
I am trying to implement Query Progress estimator in postgres for
queries with long run time.I am looking for info regarding the number of
tuples already processsed by a running query .
I would be very thankful if someone can suggest where can i find it or
the data structure that holds the value.
Right now I am exploring postgres using ddd ( debugger ).Can
anyone suggest a better utility /editor/tool for exploring the same in a
better way ?
I am working Fedora core 3 Linux
Thanks and regards
Anuj Tripathi