Re: installation guide

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: srikanth potluri <srikanth_oracle(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: installation guide
Date: 2005-10-14 07:34:31
Lists: pgsql-general

srikanth potluri wrote:
> hi ,
>
> can any one send me the setailed step by step installaiton guide of
> postgre-sql on linux .
>
> i am a novice user of linux .. so i would be requiring very basic on
> information also ...
>
> i have been given assignment on installing postgresql on linux today

You don't say what distribution of linux you are using - most have
PostgreSQL pre-packaged in some way. That's the simplest way to install.

If you are trying to install from source, a good place to start is the
manuals available on the website http://www.postgresql.org/

--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd