Driver uninstall bug ?

From: lothar(dot)behrens(at)lollisoft(dot)de
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Driver uninstall bug ?
Date: 2005-09-24 18:10:55
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,

just want to report problems - well known by me some months - while installing
PostgreSQL 8.x.x database server on Windows 2000.

Installing it with the option to install the contained ODBC driver, I get unknown
datatype errors on CHAR columns.

This happens with the 8.x.x ODBC driver against the 8.x.x database and an
7.x.x database on a Linux server.

Reinstalling the separate 7.03.0200 msi package, does not repair this behaviour.

Solution: Delete manually the driver DLL in system32 directory and then reinstall
the 7.03.0200 driver.

Is this a bug, or a feature in circumstance ?

Please correct me...

Lothar

--
Lothar Behrens | Rapid Prototyping ...