Re: Couple of minor buildfarm issues

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)myrealbox(dot)com>
Cc: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Couple of minor buildfarm issues
Date: 2005-07-27 03:13:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Michael Glaesemann wrote:

> On Jul 27, 2005, at 11:27 AM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>
>> I have reduced some of the clutter from OS names/versions and
>> compiler names/versions,
>

> Out of curiosity, how did you do this? Did you update the original
> registration data or make some kind of mapping?

Fixed the original. e.g. 'Linux Debian' and 'Debian Linux' bacame just
'Debian', removed build dates from compiler versions. And so on.

> I'll see if I can't come up with a simple table that can provide
> without resorting to numbers. I'm thinking of using abbreviations
> such as:
>
> --enable-cassert => assert,
> --enable-debug => debug,
> --enable-nls => nls,
> --enable-integer-datetimes => int-date,
> --with-perl => perl,
> --with-python => python,
> --with-tcl => tcl,
> --with-krb5 => krb5,
> --with-openssl => ssl,

No, it need to be really short. We have maybe 200 pixels to display all
9 flags. So, digits or ticks marks or some such.

Anyway, let's take this offline.

cheers

andrew