Re: Couple of minor buildfarm issues

From: Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)myrealbox(dot)com>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Couple of minor buildfarm issues
Date: 2005-07-27 02:52:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Jul 27, 2005, at 11:27 AM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> I have reduced some of the clutter from OS names/versions and
> compiler names/versions,

Out of curiosity, how did you do this? Did you update the original
registration data or make some kind of mapping?

> and can reduce some more in the status column, that means we will
> be able to have a bunch of flags indicating what build criteria
> were used. I am mainly inclined to flag these:
>
> --enable-cassert
> --enable-debug
> --enable-nls
> --enable-integer-datetimes
> --with-perl
> --with-python
> --with-tcl
> --with-krb5
> --with-openssl
>

> If we have to drop any for reasons of space it would probably be
> the first two. Given the fact there are 9 of these I could make it
> a simple set of digits [1-9] and provide a legend, although that
> might not be quite so visually pleasing.

I'll see if I can't come up with a simple table that can provide
without resorting to numbers. I'm thinking of using abbreviations
such as:

--enable-cassert => assert,
--enable-debug => debug,
--enable-nls => nls,