Re: Couple of minor buildfarm issues

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>,Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Couple of minor buildfarm issues
Date: 2005-07-27 02:27:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> At one stage I thought of stealing some vertical space for 8 or 10
> columns of 10 pixels or so to show the state of the most importand
> build flag. I still might do that, if I can standardise the OS and
> Compiler info so that they get shorter (e.g. is just knowing that we
> have gcc n.m.o enough, or do we need the longer info produced by gcc
> -v? I'm inclined to reduce it to n.m.o.)

I have reduced some of the clutter from OS names/versions and compiler
names/versions, and can reduce some more in the status column, that
means we will be able to have a bunch of flags indicating what build
criteria were used. I am mainly inclined to flag these:

                             --enable-cassert
                             --enable-debug
                             --enable-nls
                             --enable-integer-datetimes
                             --with-perl
                             --with-python
                             --with-tcl
                             --with-krb5
                             --with-openssl

If we have to drop any for reasons of space it would probably be the
first two. Given the fact there are 9 of these I could make it a simple
set of digits [1-9] and provide a legend, although that might not be
quite so visually pleasing.

Any other bids?

cheers

andrew