JDBCRowSet in tableModel setValueAt method

From: Dennis Gesker <dennis(at)gesker(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: JDBCRowSet in tableModel setValueAt method
Date: 2005-07-22 19:05:48
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hello All:

I've been attempting to build a tableModel for a swing JTable. I have
been able to populate my jtable using a rowset. However, I seem to be
running into a strange problem changing data in my JdbcRowSet.

In my implementation of setValueAt() I've added the following code
surrounded by a try/catch.

rowSet.absolute(rowIndex + 1);
rowSet.setObject(columnIndex + 1, value);
fireTableCellUpdated(rowIndex, columnIndex);

I've imported com.sun.rowset.JdbcRowSetImpl only because I didn't see a
JdbcRowSetImpl in the 8.0-311 JDBC3 driver.

If there is a JdbcRowSetImpl in the driver could someone point it out
to me.

The data isn't updated and no error is returned from the program when I
try to change a value in the JTable. I've confirmed that the setValueAt
method is being called using a println statments.

I could really use a pointer/clue....

If anyone could help or perhaps share a working example of a tablemodel
I'd be very greatful.

Cordially,
Dennis