Re: The reason for loris' intermittent prepared_xacts failures

From: Petr Jelinek <pjmodos(at)parba(dot)cz>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: The reason for loris' intermittent prepared_xacts failures
Date: 2005-07-19 02:43:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> How things will work with that setting on a non-English locale box I
> don't know - it might help if we had a Windows buildfarm member from
> one of our colleagues in a non-English speaking country.

Actually my workstation is non-English (Czech) and it works (All 98
tests passed several times). It also fixed my rules test problem - it
always failed before.

About that Toms conclusion - I was trying to analyze it too but I lack
knowledge of Postgres internals so I didn't come up with any final
conclusion. I can however agree on few things - that OID isn't OID of
pxtest2 and it seems to happend only if concurent drop table occurs in
one of parralel tests. And I also agree with that PS.

On related note, I was also testing that signal emulation when analyzing
this and it seems to work without any errors (except for start of course
but thats known) - I think Tom had some doubts about it after what he
wrote in his first reply.

--
Regards
Petr Jelinek (PJMODOS)