Re: per user/database connections limit again

From: Petr Jelinek <pjmodos(at)parba(dot)cz>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: per user/database connections limit again
Date: 2005-07-03 23:08:05
Lists: pgsql-patches

Stephen Frost wrote:

>This should almost certainly be a pg_database_ownercheck() call instead.

Right there wasn't pg_database_ownercheck at the time I was writing it,
fixed

>The rest needs to be updated for roles, but looks like it should be
>pretty easy to do. Much of it just needs to be repatched, the parts
>that do need to be changed look to be pretty simple changes.

Done.

>I believe the use of SessionUserId is probably correct in this patch.
>This does mean that this patch will only be for canlogin roles, but that
>seems like it's probably correct. Handling roles w/ members would
>require much more thought.

I don't think that having max connection for roles w/ members is doable
because you can have 5 roles which has 1 user as member and each role
has different number of max conections and there is no right way to
decide what to do.

New version which works with roles is attached (diffed against cvs),
everything else is mostly same.
I also had to readd roleid to flatfiles because I need it in
InitProcess() function.

--
Regards
Petr Jelinek (PJMODOS)