Re: pgsql: Minor cleanup for recent SQLSTATE / SQLERRM

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Minor cleanup for recent SQLSTATE / SQLERRM
Date: 2005-05-26 03:46:37
Lists: pgsql-committers

Tom Lane wrote:
> I'm not sure you should have done that; IMHO the right thing is for
> Bruce to back this patch out and ask for a resubmission

I thought about that, but I don't see a need to back out the patch: it
is not fundamentally broken or invasive to the rest of the tree.
Needlessly backing it out and then reapplying an improved version would
seem to only create more CVS traffic.

> you just made it a lot harder for him to do so.

*grumble*, due to CVS being completely broken... Attached is the patch I
applied, so if someone wants to revert both changes they can do so more
easily.

-Neil

Attachment Content-Type Size
plpgsql_sqlstate_cleanup-1.patch text/x-patch 5.1 KB