Re: Views update ?

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: blambeau(at)chefbe(dot)net
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Views update ?
Date: 2005-05-18 09:42:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

LAMBEAU Bernard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On the TODO list, if found the following information :
> Automatically create rules on views so they are updateable, per SQL99
>
> Does anyone already work on such a tool inside PostgreSQL ? I'm
> interessed by giving some contribution to this task ... if you're
> interessed also ?

I believe there is some work happening on this
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2005-03/msg00671.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2005-03/msg01029.php
http://www.oopsware.de/pgsql_viewupdate.html

I'm sure they'd be happy of any additional help/early testing. It's a
feature that will be appreciated by many users.

--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd