Re: support for embedded db and a clustered index?

From: "Julian Bui" <julianbui(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: support for embedded db and a clustered index?
Date: 2008-10-25 18:02:16
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,

Does pgsql provide support for a clustered index? By that I mean can I
specify that the database insert records in the order of a particular
attribute. Many of my queries are time-range based and my row inserts are
done chronologically, so it would benefit to have them sorted by when they
were inserted.

Also, can pgsql be embedded in an application? By that I mean it is easily
deployable with an application. The end user is unaware that a database
even exists and the end user does not need to install pgsql. I do NOT mean
a db that runs on an embedded device (although I am hoping pgsql has a small
memory footprint) and I also do NOT mean to ask if pgsql supports embedded
sql.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Julian