CSV consecutive newline bug

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: "Patches (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: CSV consecutive newline bug
Date: 2005-05-11 21:32:33
Lists: pgsql-patches

I have just been alerted to a bug in the 8.0 handling of embedded
newlines in CSV data. Basically it barfs on consecutive newlines. The
attached patch for 8.0 appears to fix it. The bug isn't present in the
HEAD branch, and I'm wondering if we should not backpatch the HEAD
multiline patch rather than applying this. OTOH, applying this patch
would probably be more in keeping with our conservative approach to
changes to stable branches, I guess.

cheers

andrew

Attachment Content-Type Size