Re: UPDATE Inserts New Rows

From: Ruben Oliveira <ruben_dig(at)netcabo(dot)pt>
To: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: UPDATE Inserts New Rows
Date: 2005-05-11 18:39:27
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks for the answer Richard
and my apologies for wasting your time.
After doing the first select I found that the software that uses this
database
was alreading doing the inserts if there wasn't any row with a PK on it ...
so every UPDATE i did worked when I expected otherwise...
I only noticed that when I run the first SELECT and of course there it
was the row i thought didn't exist ...

The UPDATE in Postgresql continues bugless :),

I think my mistake was making the wrong assumption about the software
code and remembering the mysql REPLACE
lead me in the wrong way ... an simple select would make it clear
that the aplication that uses
the DB was already doing the INSERT, shame on me :(

Thanks for everything :)
Ruben Oliveira