PgFoundry Design

From: "Gavin M(dot) Roy" <gmr(at)ehpg(dot)net>
To: gforge-admins(at)pgfoundry(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PgFoundry Design
Date: 2005-05-05 17:46:49
Lists: pgsql-www

I've been putting some work into making a usable template for the
PgFoundry site, based upon the Tinysofa design so that there is some
unity between the PostgreSQL site and the PgFoundry site. In the
process of doing the same for the PostgreSQL Foundation site there have
been complaints about the font sized used. I'd like to address the
complaints and solve this across the board if possible. Can we address
this issue now, and come to a common consensus that will attempt to
please as many of the people who contribute as possible? The major
issue as I understand it is that some individuals believe the default
font size is too small.

As a possible solution I would suggest that perhaps we start off the
site with no font size set (use the browser default) and add a smaller
link to the header as well so that one can use the defined font size as
it is now. For those of you with complaints about the font size, would
this address the issue?

That being said, why should font size be an issue since every major
browser allows the user to change the font size quite easily?

Regards,

Gavin