Re: remote tcp connection problem PG 8.0.1

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: Aaron Steele <asteele(at)berkeley(dot)edu>
Cc: Michael Korotun <michael(at)softasap(dot)net>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: remote tcp connection problem PG 8.0.1
Date: 2005-05-04 21:17:31
Lists: pgsql-general

Aaron Steele wrote:
> i'm having the same problem running pg8.0.1 on redhat enterprise linux
> AS 3 (2.4.21-27.0.4.ELsmp).
>
> shutting off my firewall via 'service iptables stop' solves the
> problem... what needs to be modified in the iptables to allow remote pg
> connections?

You will need to open port 5432 to TCP traffic (assuming you haven't
changed the defaults).

There's almost certainly a graphical firewall configuration tool for RH
Enterprise.

There are also a number of firewall projects that sit on top of the raw
iptables system and make it easier to configure your firewall settings.

HTH
--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd