Re: Postgres tiene alguna recomendacion para la

From: tgutierrez(at)unipamplona(dot)edu(dot)co
To: "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
Cc: tgutierrez(at)unipamplona(dot)edu(dot)co, pgsql-es-ayuda(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres tiene alguna recomendacion para la
Date: 2004-08-17 16:37:57
Lists: pgsql-es-ayuda

hola a todos los listeros de postgreSQL

he seguido investigando acerca de la configuracion de postgres, en esta
pagina me dice:

http://www.lyris.com/lm_help/7.8/tuning_postgresql.html

1. Increase the buffer size. Postgres uses a shared memory segment among
its subthreads to buffer data in memory. The default is 512k, which is
inadequate. On many of our installs, we've bumped it to ~16M, which is
still small. If you can spare enough memory to fit your whole database in
memory, do so. Each buffer is 8 kb, so set it to:

shared_buffers = (the lesser of
(total memory you can spare) and
(size of database + 512k)
) / 8192

este tamaño de la base de datos a que se referira en esta parte.
Att,
TANIA GUTIERREZ