Tablepartitioning: Will it be supported in Future?

From: "apoc9009(at)yahoo(dot)de" <apoc9009(at)yahoo(dot)de>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Tablepartitioning: Will it be supported in Future?
Date: 2005-04-26 08:32:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi PSQL Hackers,

I have done the following Post to PSQL Performance, but Richard Huxton
say it
might be a better Idea to post it again on you List so i forward the
message.

apoc9009(at)yahoo(dot)de wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Ia a Guy from Germany an a strong Postgres believer!
> It is the best OpenSource Database i have ever have bee tasted and i
> try to using
> it in any Database Environments.
>
> It is exiting to see thadt Verison 8.0 has Tablespaces like ORACLE and
> DB/2,
> but i need Partitioning on a few very large Tables.

I believe these are being worked on at the moment. You might want to
search the archives of the hackers mailing list to see if the plans will
suit your needs.

--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd