Re: Threading problem

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: Palle Girgensohn <girgen(at)pingpong(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Threading problem
Date: 2005-04-22 22:08:12
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Palle Girgensohn wrote:

> First, we cannot see anything in our code that would offer the
> possibility for two threads to get hold of the same postgresql
> connection. There might be something we're missing, but the only changes
> made from a working system is updates of postgresql and its JDBC driver,
> so it's easy to suspect a bug in the jdbc driver...

There's really no shared state between different connections -- they're
each independent objects with their own protocol layer objects, TCP
connection etc. So it's hard to see how there could be a bug where two
different Connection objects end up using the same physical connection..
I'd be more suspicious of your application or connection pool.

-O