Re: OUT parameters in PL/Java

From: Thomas Hallgren <thhal(at)mailblocks(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: OUT parameters in PL/Java
Date: 2005-04-13 06:39:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>Thomas Hallgren <thhal(at)mailblocks(dot)com> writes:
>

>>... The only thing that doesn't work
>>right now is a function that returns RECORD (not SETOF) since the rsinfo
>>in this case is NULL. Can you shed some light on that?
>>

>What's the test case exactly?

thhal=# create function javatest.recordExample(int, int) returns record
as 'org.postgresql.pljava.example.ComplexReturn.complexReturn' immutable
language java;
CREATE FUNCTION
thhal=# select * from javatest.recordExample(3, 4) as (foo int, bar int,
baz timestamptz);
ERROR: could not determine row description for function returning record

(the error occurs since I make an attempt to fetch by Oid when the
TupleDesc is NULL. Oid in this case is RECORDOID).

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren