Improvement for COPY command .. unless it already exists (If yes please tell me!)

From: David Gagnon <dgagnon(at)siunik(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Improvement for COPY command .. unless it already exists (If yes please tell me!)
Date: 2005-04-07 12:20:12
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,

Thanks for your reply on my yesterday's question regarding UTF-8 as a
UNICODE implementation in postgresql.

Is there a way to specify default values in the COPY command? In my
example example VDVSSRC and VDVSNUM are the same for the 1500000 rows of
the file. If it was possible to default their value instead of putting
it in the file, it would have been great!

COPY vd (VDNUM=DEFAULT, VDVSSRC=2, VDVSNUM=1, VDKEY, VDDATA)
FROM '/cygdrive/f/projects/web-catalog/var/vdOk.backup';

Thanks anyway .. your doing a wonderfull job with postgresql!
/David