Re: Documentation for PostgreSQL win32 ODBC-Driver 8.02.05.00 and connection strings

From: Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org, jochen(dot)westland(at)invigo(dot)de
Subject: Re: Documentation for PostgreSQL win32 ODBC-Driver 8.02.05.00 and connection strings
Date: 2007-12-07 15:43:55
Lists: pgsql-odbc

--- On Fri, 12/7/07, Jochen Westland [invigo] <jochen(dot)westland(at)invigo(dot)de> wrote:
> we are currently quite unsucessfully looking for a
> documentation for the
> win32 odbc-driver, current version (8.02.05.00).
>
> Is there a document describing all features, eg Extra Opts
> 0x10, etc.?

I agree, the documentation that comes with the ODBC driver could be more complete. Also it would be nice if the pgfoundry site that hosts the odbc project would keep a link for current documentation that we all to refer to (much like the PostgeSQL website has).

Having said all of this, I did find out were to get the best information that is available. I used pgfoundy's CVS to download the most current documents. It seems that CVS has documents that are not disrubted with the binaries. Unfortunity, is seems that they are not completely upto date with the features that the driver has.

This link should mostly answer your question: it is from CVS:

http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/psqlodbc/psqlodbc/docs/config-opt.html

Here is where you can look for all other information:
http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/psqlodbc/psqlodbc/docs/

Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.