psql: FATAL: invalid value for parameter "datestyle": "SQL US"

From: Christopher Smiga <csmiga(at)tandbergtv(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: psql: FATAL: invalid value for parameter "datestyle": "SQL US"
Date: 2005-03-15 15:40:31
Lists: pgsql-admin

I'm working through the Oreilly "Practical PostgreSQL" book and I
implemented "booktown.sql" to work examples in the book. Anyway, in
chapter 3, I performed something that causes the following FATAL ERROR
when trying to get back into "psql"

postgres(at)n2-atl-csmiga:~$ psql booktown
psql: FATAL: invalid value for parameter "datestyle": "SQL US"

Does anyone have an idea to how I can correct this problem? I'm running
PostgreSQL 7.4

Thank you.

--
Christopher Smiga