Re: Bug in convert.c copy_and_convert_field

From: Paul Cochrane <paul(dot)m(dot)cochrane(at)tuht(dot)scot(dot)nhs(dot)uk>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bug in convert.c copy_and_convert_field
Date: 2005-02-14 09:57:22
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Dave Page wrote:

>>Subject: Re: [ODBC] Bug in convert.c copy_and_convert_field
>>
>>I've found a quick fix to this problem. I've simply added a line:
>>
>> strncpy(ptr+len, "\0", 1);
>>
>>just before the mylog line on line 850 of convert.c. I believe this
>>simply ensures that there is a NULL at the end of the string
>>stored in
>>ptr. There may be a more elegant way to do this but it seems to work.
>>

>I don't know if this fix is correct or not, but are you sure that ptr is
>big enough to do this without clobbering something else?
>
>Regards, Dave.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure. I'm guessing that it's OK since the
returned LEN vaule seems to be set correctly. The mylog just returns
rubbish as the string value which I took to be related to not having a
NULL at the end of the string.

Paul

--
Paul Cochrane (paul(dot)m(dot)cochrane(at)tuht(dot)scot(dot)nhs(dot)uk)