Transactions and Savepoints

From: Stefan Sturm <mailling(at)anrath(dot)info>
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Transactions and Savepoints
Date: 2005-02-08 13:32:26
Lists: pgsql-php

Hello,

I have a problem with savepoints.

I have a function which does some DB changed. This changes have to be in
a single Transaction. This function is now called in two different
ways. Once within a transaction and once not in a transaction. But how
can i check if I am within a transaction, so I can start a new
transaction or set a savepoint.

Is there a way to check this?

Thanks and Greetings,

Stefan Sturm