[Pljava-dev] Re: PL Java Security

From: thhal at mailblocks(dot)com (Thomas Hallgren)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Re: PL Java Security
Date: 2005-02-01 18:33:26
Lists: pljava-dev

Filip,
> I have tested this and I think it works fine. I don't like the solution
> with the temporary function, but I haven't find anything better. Though
> I think that it could be a good solution.
>
> Please, if you find some time, take a look at the source or try to
> compile and test it. If you like this solution, you can involve it into
> your developement. If you like me to join the developement team, just
> tell me what I should do for it.
>
> There are not so many changes, you can use diff to find what has changed.

I've looked at the code that you supplied and it looks fine. I'll take
some time soon and incorporate it.

I have some plans that might replace the need for the temporary function
eventually. It is possible (and very cheap) to switch the identity in
C-code. I can expose that functionality to a limited set of classes.
Typically, only the ClassLoader and the SQLDeploymentDescriptor needs
this. The ClassLoader needs it because I don't want to allow arbitrary
access to the jar tables.

Thank you for your contribution.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren