Re: ARC patent

From: "Jonah H(dot) Harris" <jharris(at)tvi(dot)edu>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: John Hansen <john(at)geeknet(dot)com(dot)au>, Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>, Jeff Davis <jdavis-pgsql(at)empires(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ARC patent
Date: 2005-01-21 23:49:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

We could still get their opinion.

I have a couple aquaintances at IBM that I can try to contact about it.
Rather than assume what IBM will do, why not just ask them? If they
don't respond, they don't respond. If they do respond, it's better than
us guessing.

Yes, it's only going to matter if the patent is issued, but why not make
an effort to get some info from them?