Would a wiki help newbies?

From: Chris Travers <chris(at)metatrontech(dot)com>
To: Pgsql-General General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Would a wiki help newbies?
Date: 2005-01-20 03:46:13
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all;

I have recently contributed a wiki to another open source project
(SQL-Ledger) and have received a fair bit of positive feedback and
assistance in getting it going. After reading a lot of the discussion
on Slashdot concerning the 8.0 release, it occurred to me that a wiki
might be a good mechanism for newbie support and topics which are
outside the PostgreSQL documentation umbrella (general database
management concepts, etc.)

All the documentation on the site would be BSD-style licensed. If you
want to see what I have in mind, check out the other wiki I contributed:
http://www.metatrontech.com/sql-ledger-wiki/

The site will not be branded with my company information except in a
"contributed by" bit, and in the domain name.

Do people think that this would be helpful?

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers
Metatron Technology Consulting

Attachment Content-Type Size