Re: Embedding Postgres in Java Application

From: Jasper Potts <jasper(at)squarepark(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Embedding Postgres in Java Application
Date: 2005-01-16 16:41:51
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I have tested most of the other options Hypersonic, Firebird, Daffodil
and Postgres is much faster with large data sets and a lot better on
memory usage. I have not tried Cloudscape as that was only very recently
released under a license that would allow me to embed it. The query
times with Postgres are in the 1-5sec range comparing to 30sec plus on
the others. Hypersonic can be quick but only with the entire table in
memory, gets nasty with outer joins.

Are there are any I haven't tried and should be looking at?

I am using Hibernate as a middle layer so porting should not be an issue.

Thanks

Jasper