Re: Adding foreign keys

From: Trent Oliphant <trentoliphant(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Adding foreign keys
Date: 2005-01-15 03:38:53
Lists: pgadmin-support

Andreas Pflug wrote:

> Trent Oliphant wrote:
>
>> The add constraint foreign key dialog does not appear
>> to be working correctly. It doesn't offer any column
>> choices in the 'referencing' drop down box in the
>> columns tab. I have a table selected that has the
>> primary key column I am trying to reference.
>

> I can't reproduce this. This sounds like what happens when the tables
> don't have pks.

This is strange, I still can't get the columns to show up in the schema
that I am working in.

However, if I copy the table definitions to a query window in another
database I am able to create
the tables and if I add a foreign key the columns show up as I would
expect them to. (I am not using a public schema in either database but
the same schema name as the login name).

Any ideas as to what I may have set wrong in my current schema that
would cause this behavior? Something with permissions or anything else.
I can't get ANY tables to show their columns in the drop down list for
any other table in the schema. I have ended up just writing the SQL to
create the foreign key constraint - which isn't that big of a deal -
this behavior just seemed really strange.

Thanks for your help.

Trent Oliphant