Re: [pgadmin-support] I fixed a couple compile

From: Shea Martin <smartin(at)arcis(dot)com>
To: Raphaël Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
Cc: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] I fixed a couple compile
Date: 2005-01-13 22:45:36
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgadmin-support

Well my motif version coredumps to no end, despite the fact that all my
wx-demo's seemed to work ok.

So...
I just installed gtk2 and all the required patches from SFW (about 8
packages I think). I am having a heck of a time building wx for gtk2.
Too bad sunfreeware didn't have a wx package.

~S

Raphaël Enrici wrote:

> Andreas Pflug wrote:
>
>> Please stay on the list with pgadmin topics!
>>
>> Shea Martin wrote:
>>

>> <big snip>
>>

>>> Installing GTK2 is real PIA. Luckily many OS's install it by
>>> default, like most all Linux's, and Solaris 10. Unfortunately,
>>> Solaris 8 and 9 are still pretty common.
>>

>> Don't blame gtk for not being preinstalled on Solaris 8 and 9, blame
>> Sun.
>

> Hiroshi and I worked last year on getting pgAdmin to run on Solaris.
> AFAIR it was pgAdmin III 1.1.x with an old wxWidgets. I used to
> rebuild gtk2 for some personal reasons but hiroshi was using sun's [1]
> one IIRC.
>
> You may find some sun packages for it.
>
> If you need a gcc built gtk2 package you may also take a look at
> sunfreeware [2] or blastwave [3].
>
> Please, tell us if you succeed. I'll come back on Solaris port if I
> have more free time... this is definitely not the case at the time of
> this writing...
>
> Regards,
> Raphaël
> [1] http://www.sun.com/software/star/gnome/
> [2] http://www.sunfreeware.com/
> [3] http://www.blastwave.org/ and in particular:
> http://www.blastwave.org/packages.php/gtk2

______
This e-mail message (including any attachments) is intended for the individual to whom it is addressed and contains information that is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, note that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and erase this e-mail message immediately. For complete disclaimer information, please see http://arcis.com/emaildisclaimer