Working on a new Postgres Admin tool and was wondering...

From: Tony Caduto <tony(dot)caduto(at)amsoftwaredesign(dot)com>
To: Pgsql-General General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Working on a new Postgres Admin tool and was wondering...
Date: 2005-01-13 06:28:02
Lists: pgsql-general

Would anyone be interested in beta testing it?
If so please respond directly to me and I will get back to you with details.

It has a really advanced function editor complete with code completion
and parameter hinting.
It also has a tabbed Enterprise Manager where each database opens in
it's own tab and it has a filtering MDI task bar, i.e when you select a
DB tab in the enterprise manager it filters the MDI task bar to open
windows for that DB.
We are only going to support Postgres 8 going forward since it's a
windows based app created with Borland Delphi and Zeos and since 8.0 is
the only native version for windows, it of course will work on version 8
on any server. We originally were going to support 7.x and 8.0 but
after we started to use 8.0 and saw how well 7.0 DBs moved over, we
decided to focus on 8 and the win32 users that we hope will be wildly
using 8.0 :-)

It also has a threaded query editor with the ablility to cancel long
running querys plus tons of other really cool features(like a GUI query
builder).

This app is designed and coded by several Corporate DBAs and programmers
who just where not satisfied with PGadmin III (in particular the
function editor)

here are some rough/quick screen shots
http://www.amsoftwaredesign.com/pg_ss.asp.asp

We plan on donating a percentage of any sales(it will be shareware to
start) back to the project, I don't know who I should contact about
that, if anyone knows please let me know.

Thanks,

Tony Caduto
AM Software Design
http://www.amsoftwaredesign.com