[Fwd: Re: postgres+tcl on cygwin]

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: [Fwd: Re: postgres+tcl on cygwin]
Date: 2005-01-03 20:13:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I have not had time to test this.

cheers

andrew

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: postgres+tcl on cygwin
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 03:50:24 -0800 (PST)
From: Patrick Samson <p_samson(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>

I succeeded in the build with the TCL support
this way:

- As I always did, I took the source tarball from
the postgresql site. It doesn't mean it's not possible
with the source package available on the cygwin site.
Just that I always took the original source and it
was fine with it OOTB.

Version: 8.0.0rc2
OS: Win98SE

- In /lib/tclConfig.sh, change to:
TCL_LIB_SPEC='-L/usr/lib -ltcl84'

- In src/pl/tcl/pltcl.c, permute the order of two
includes, to read like that:
#include <tcl.h>
#include "postgres.h"

It will produce a warning about a DLLIMPORT
redefinition. Ignore it.

- ./configure --with-tcl
- make

Have fun, and let me know your result.