Re: Inappropriate changes to front page text [Was: Re:

From: Omar Kilani <omar(at)tinysofa(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Inappropriate changes to front page text [Was: Re:
Date: 2004-12-22 06:46:44
Lists: pgsql-www

Marc G. Fournier wrote:

>> That we're now discussing the content properly, with input from all
>> sides, is exactly what should have happened in the first place, prior
>> to committing the Christmas-related change.
>
> So, why wasn't it discussed when it was first proposed? Or are you one
> of those 'lurkers who won't comment when they disagree, yet raises a
> stink after because they didn't say anything'?

There isn't enough time in the day to read and reply to every single
email on the list, and having the proposal hidden in a large thread
isn't going to get as many people looking into it.

Also, a three hour window between "Dave, how about this?" to "it's now
in CVS" is hardly enough time to render proper discussion. Some people
sleep, or work, or do other things besides post to pgsql-www.

Omar