Re: Inappropriate changes to front page text [Was: Re:

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Omar Kilani <omar(at)tinysofa(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Inappropriate changes to front page text [Was: Re:
Date: 2004-12-22 06:15:39
Lists: pgsql-www

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004, Omar Kilani wrote:

> The problem is assuming people are happy with something just because
> they don't say anything. Most people on the list lurk and observe, but
> don't comment. That isn't agreement.

If they aren't goin to comment until after the fact, even when th change
was proposed before being done, then those who 'lurk' really have no right
to raise a stink *after the fact*

> That we're now discussing the content properly, with input from all
> sides, is exactly what should have happened in the first place, prior to
> committing the Christmas-related change.

So, why wasn't it discussed when it was first proposed? Or are you one of
those 'lurkers who won't comment when they disagree, yet raises a stink
after because they didn't say anything'?

----