Re: Banner ads on WWW ...

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Gavin Sherry <swm(at)alcove(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Banner ads on WWW ...
Date: 2004-12-21 08:47:22
Lists: pgsql-www

Gavin Sherry wrote:
<snip>
> I think the surveys are distracting and of dubious worth. I'd rather not
> seem them on the new site.
>
> Just my not so humble opinion.

Ok, nothing wrong with having an opinion about it. ;)

My opinion is a bit different, because often when I go to the PostgreSQL
home page (at present) I find it "interesting" to see what the latest
poll is and what the results are.

Seems like a reasonable way to look for "strong feeling" indicators from
the general population at large.

:)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> Gavin

"One who sees the invisible can do the impossible."
+ Frank Gaines