Re: RFC: Update wizard

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: RFC: Update wizard
Date: 2004-12-03 13:52:33
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

First, do we really want to hammer CVS for each update check? I'd think
having this in an "available versions" file is sufficient.
Second, the issue is not to retrieve a version, but to identify the
version of the language file currently in use. We need an identifyable
string inside the file for that.

Regards,
Andreas