Re: Reorganization of the translation files

From: Aleksander Kmetec <aleksander(dot)kmetec(at)intera(dot)si>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Reorganization of the translation files
Date: 2004-11-11 02:51:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> The biggest downside I see is the long execution time for msgmerge.
> I can live with that, especially if it will save me translating "out of
> memory" six or seven times.

I'm using poedit which can replace empty translations with previous
translated values for the same/similar strings. This can save you some
time when translating common errors and command-line options;
unfotunately, importing strings from other projects (kde, gnome, ...)
doesn't help much. :(

Regards,
Aleksander