adding and compiling new code

From: Martha Chronopoulou <mchron(at)aueb(dot)gr>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: adding and compiling new code
Date: 2004-11-07 14:55:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all
I've just started writing code to PostgreSQL 7.4.2 and I wand to
recompile the new source code that I added in some .c files. I suspect
that there must be a quicker way to compile those files than executing
the commands: ./configure, gmake, gmake install... . Could I use only
some Makefiles (the correspodent ones) that there are in each
directory? If yes, how should I use them?
Thanks,
regards Martha